AISI 4140 PREHARD HEAT TREATED MATERIAL OR ANNEALED
IN STOCK FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT
4140 Chromium-Molybdenum Steel
- Supplied in the annealed or prehardened condition.
- 4140 PREHARD is heat treated to a medium hardness (HRC 28/32) and is designated as 4140 HT.
- 4140 annealed is supplied in the soft condition and can be hardened to RC 40.
- 4140 HT is supplied in many forms such as hot rolled or turned, ground and polished rounds and DCF plate to be used as a holder material for high strength structural components.
- 4140 Prehard is stocked in a DCF, ground finished
- 4140 HT is available in plate, flat bar, or rounds
- Large Diameter 4140 HT in stock
- 4140 Prehard and Annealled Hollow Bar Tube Available
Element Weight %
P 0.035 (max)
S 0.04 (max)
4140 Mechanical Properties
4140 Hot Rolled:
- Typical Tensile Strength: 89 KSI
- Typical Yield Strength: 62 KSI
4140 Cold Rolled:
- Typical Tensile Strength: 102 KSI
- Typical Yield Strength: 90 KSI
4140 HT Oil Quenched & Tempered:
- Typical Tensile Strength: 153 KSI
- Typical Yield Strength: 131 KSI